Initial Production Inspection (IPI) is often necessary at the beginning of production. The IPI allows the buyer to make timely corrective action prior to commencement of full production to minimize the risk of non-conformities.
Specifically, A visual check on materials, components as well as initial finished products against the specification of the buyer's reference sample will be conducted. The following aspects will be checked at the factory before the production starts:
- (1) Factory's production lines & capability
- (2) Factory's facilities & equipment
- (3) Raw materials, main components and accessories
- (4) Semi-finished products
- (5) Check initial finished products against specification
- (6) Environment
- A detailed report is issued with digital photos to explain all relevant information and make recommendations.